Determine the gel formation index of bentonite
Test Standard : IS 6186:1986, RA 2010
Test Apparatus :
- Weighing balance
- Light magnesium oxide
- Glass measuring cylinder 500ml
- Glass measuring cylinder 100ml
- High speed stirrer.
- Mix 6.0 gms of the dried bentonite intimately with 0.3gms of light magnesium oxide.
- Add the 200 ml of water in 500ml stoppered measuring cylinder than add mixture in water .
- Agitate thoroughly for one hour.
- Transfer 100 ml mix to a 100 ml measuring cylinder and allow to stand for 24 hours.
The material shall satisfy the requirements of the test if not more than 2 ml of clean liquid separates at the surface.
Read more :
- Sand content test method of bentonite
- Density of bentonite slurry by Mud balance
- Plate Load Test of soil
- Shrinkage limit test of soil
- Liquid limit and plasticity index of soil
Founder & Admin of civilengineeringsolution.com, I am a civil engineer working as a Assistant Engineer (QA/QC).