Dry material content of liquid admixture (IS:9103-1999)
Test standard : IS 9103:1999, Reaffirmed 2008
Test Apparatus :
- Balance of accuracy 0.001 gm with capacity,
- Dry sand,
- Wide mouth glass weighing bottle (60mm diameter, 30 mm height) with stopper,
- Electric oven,
- Take 25 to 30 g of preheated completely dry sand , in a wide mouth glass weighing bottle provided with ground glass stopper.
- Place the bottle with sand and stopper in the electric oven and dry for 17 ± 1/4h at 105 ± 2ºC.
- Transfer the bottle with stopper to a desiccator and allow to cool to room temperature and weigh nearest to 0.001 g.
- Remove the stopper and with the help of a pipette evenly distribute 4 ml of the liquid over the sand and place the stopper.
- Weigh the bottle with stopper and sample nearest to 0.001g.
- Place the bottle with stopper in the oven. Dry for 17 + 1/4h at 105 ± 2ºC. At the end of the drying period transfers to a desiccator and cool it to room temperature.
- Now weigh the weighing bottle with stopper and residue to nearest 0.001g.
- Again place the same bottle with stopper in oven for one hour and repeat the drying and weighing etc till the weight become constant.
Dry Material Content (%)
- What is Admixtures in Concrete ? different types of admixtures
- PH & Relative density of liquid admixtures
- Ash content in liquid admixtures
- Slump test
- Initial & final setting time test
- Compressive strength test
- Flexural strength test
Founder & Admin of civilengineeringsolution.com, I am a civil engineer working as a Assistant Engineer (QA/QC).