Density of bentonite slurry by Mud balance
Test standard : IS 6186:1986, RA2010
Test Appratus :
- Mud balance
- High speed slurry
- weighing balance.
- Set up the instrument on level, Prepare 4% (W/V) bentonite slurry or as per the manufacturer guidelines.
- Clean cup dry the cup. Fill cup with the test slurry and place the cap on the cup and rotate the cap until firmly seated.
- Make sure that some of the slurry is expelled through the hole in the cap to free trapped air or gas.
- Wash and wipe the excess slurry from outside of the cup.
- Place the beam on the support and balance it by moving the rider along the graduated scale.
- The beam is horizontal when the leveling bubble is on the center line.
- Read the density at the side of the rider toward the knife-edge.
- Make appropriate corrections when a range extender is used. Clean and dry the instrument thoroughly after each use.
Record the density to the nearest 0.01 gm/cc
Read more :
Founder & Admin of civilengineeringsolution.com, I am a civil engineer working as a Assistant Engineer (QA/QC).