Calibration of Rapid moisture meter
Method of Calibration of Rapid moisture meter. For the calibration of RMM, we have to plot a graph, in which we compare the moisture content by RMM and Oven Dry Moisture content. If tests are made over a long period of time on the soil, we should calibration RMM, not exceeding 12 months. If moisture variation is exceeded more than 1.0 % of we should calibration speedy moisture meter.
- ASTM D4944-04
- IS 2720 part 2
Test Apparatus :
- Rapid moisture meter
- Non-corrodible airtight container
- Weighing balance
- Hot air oven
- Select a soil sample for test and dry the sample.
- Take about 200 gm dry sample and add the moisture 1 %.
- Then the sample is carefully divided into two specimens by quartering method or use of a sample splitter. Take care to not lose any moisture.
- One specimen is tested in accordance with Oven dry method and other is tested by Rapid moisture meter method. Record both test results.
- We have to test this to the maximum capacity of the RMM, Increasing it by 1 percent in per test.
- Plot the curve from Rmm test result and Oven dry results of each percent water content.
Typical calibration curve:
Read more :
- Determination of Specific gravity of soil
- Determine the liquid limit and plasticity index of soil by casagrande apparatus
- Shrinkage limit test of soil | Laboratory Soil testing
Founder & Admin of civilengineeringsolution.com, I am a civil engineer working as a Assistant Engineer (QA/QC).